Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Bus Adventures!

I had a second interview today at the MDA (Muscular Dystrophy Association) in downtown Portland at 12noon. I decided I did not want to try and drive out there seeing as 1/2 the roads are covered in ice and the other half are fine. I just didn't want to chance it. So I decided to try taking the buses. I knew those things had chains and that means I didn't have to pay for chains I just had to pay for the bus ticket.
So I went out and caught the 62 to Washington Square Transit Center. Then I caught the 43 to Taylors Ferry/Portland. I rode that one to a stop that was near Macadam and walked the rest of the way. On the way back I had to wait about 45minutes and buses with chains on them are SUPER loud, but other then that I had a pretty good experience. The bus drivers, overall, were nice and helpful.
Although I did spend from 10:15am until 2:45pm out. I think I like traveling by bus, but it takes a LOT longer. Maybe that has to do with the weather.
I've been reading another Jodi Picoult book and I have an erie feeling that I've read this one before. It's called Second Glance and as soon as I hit the 3rd page I had this weird feeling that I knew what was going to happen next and that I'd read this all before. That makes for continuing to read the book a bit more difficult. Although a little part of me wants to continue reading just to make sure I haven't read it, most of me does not want to continue. But I can't think of when or where I read the book. I thought I had not read any of her books. So .... it's odd. And I'm not sure what to do....keep reading? Or start the one my sister lent me. hmmmm
It's still cold. And I think it's going to snow again. Eeek! I guess I don't mind too much, but driving anywhere alone is too scary for me. Except we're running out of food... >.> <.<

1 comment:

Francisco said...

I am so proud of you baby for being brave enough to take the bus even though you haven't before. GJ and yes it will be quieter and faster without the chains on the buses.