Monday, December 14, 2009

My First Cable Scarf

My cookies were a huge hit!! I got a plate full of other cookies to try, so come on by if you'd like a cookie or two! hehe
I decided to try a new knitting pattern! Sometimes when I'm surfing the net I will peruse the knitting patterns from Lion Brand Yarn.com :)
I came across a simple and easy to read pattern for a very nice looking cable scarf. I decided to use the extra cream colored yarn I have.
So far ... it looks okay. Though since I am slightly obsessed with having my works be perfect I'm not sure if I should keep going or pull it out and start again. The sides are NOT even ... and there are bits of yarn sticking out all over.
Here's a couple pictures. Sorry their not the best. Can you see the cables?


This is the cable needle I used. I must say knitting on size 8 straight knitting needles and then transfering the stitches onto this teeny thing makes knitting off of it slightly difficult, but I'm managing. I need to figure out if I can use DPNs (double pointed needles) or if they make bigger metal cable needles.

Here are the final pictures of the finish wash clothes. These were also a HUGE hit :) D and S really appreciated them! It makes me want to make more of them! One snafu...tying up the ends wasn't exactly the smoothest. They ended up not looking as neat as I wanted, but then again I am a bit of a perfectionist about it. I got 6 good sized wash clothes from the 2 skeins of 100% cotton yarn. I think that was a good deal :) PLUS they're personalized!! I can't wait to see if Santa brings me sock yarn and sock needles!! tehehe

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Kristy, those are perfect! Don't pull them out! You are amazing.