Monday, April 9, 2007

Not so rational Monday

Okay, I’m not asking for sane rational advice right now, because I’m not sane or rational. I am so pissed off. Okay, so I don’t even know if anyone who reads this knows that I’m trying to go back to school to get teaching credentials and then eventually my master’s degree in elementary education. So far I’ve had to take tests for the application process. Along with all those tests I have to have 2 letters of recommendation, 45 hours of volunteer time working with elementary school students, I have to write my own essay, and get it all in by June…I’m hoping. So for the last few months I’ve been trying really hard to get a hold of this Vice Principal at this elementary school that has Deaf/Hard of Hearing mainstreamed into the school. I thought it would be a great place to volunteer my time. So I’ve been calling and calling, because they say she’ll call me back, but she has yet to call me back. The one time I did talk to her she sounded pleasant and rather excited about me coming to volunteer my time there. Today I call and yet again she is “unavailable” and I hear from her secretary that 45 hours is too many hours. That if I have to do 45 hours then I can’t do it there. What the he**!!! I’m volunteering my time for 45 hours and they say that’s too much!? And no not the Vice Principal the secretary! The least the vp could do was get on the phone with me for a few seconds, A FEW SECONDS, and explain the policy they had. Or maybe it’s just that they’re too busy to have a volunteer around that long and just ask me to do a few hours there. I would have greatly agreed to that! I would have been happy to have whatever time I could get, but she sent in her whipping “boy” to do her dirty work and did not even give me a good explanation why anyone would refusing so much volunteer time. If I was a parent there she would have probably felt differently. I’m sure she thinks I’m some 17 year old trying to get in a free ride for some stupid assignment. Well, I’M NOT! I’m trying to follow what I thought was my dream! Thank you very much for smashing it in my face. So you ask why not just do a little bit of volunteer time there and I say, because that vp did not even have the decency to talk to me. I can’t believe this. Who does this!!? I’m done. I don’t even want to try any more, because it just doesn’t seem like it’s going to happen any time soon and if it doesn’t happen soon then well, I might as well not do it.
*posted by Kristy*

No comments: