Sunday, August 10, 2008

Feeling Unimportant and other thoughts.

So I've finished that book I was reading and it was super good. "Songs of the Humpback Whale" You should read it.
I've rediscovered the Wuzzles.
And I'm feeling really unwanted by a family I thought were important to me and I to them. My seeming best friend of 21 years was in Portland visiting her family and since I'm living in here in Portland. You know we're only about 20 min or so away and I thought it would be really easy for me to drive out to her parents' house and visit with them. But she never called me. She never emailed me. She doesn't have a phone so I called her sister and her dad and neither one of them really got back to me with any time so that I could see her. It seems that no one was out to help me get to see her again. We haven't talked in over a year or more. We barely email (I'll blame both of us) and well writing letters is totally out. She's been SUPER close to me all my life and my heart is broken at the fact that she didn't want to have anything to do with me. I don't know if I did something to them. I don't know why she wants nothing to do with me. I just don't get it. I just wanted a little bit of time. Just a little bit. I thought I was important to them and now I feel useless and overlooked.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I've felt like that alot with a friend of mine here who doesn't seem to be very good at communicating times/schedules, etc. I call, I email, but I rarely get a response back. It seems like most of the time I'm the one doing all the "pursuing" in the relationship. And, yet, when we finally connect, she seems very happy to hang out, like nothing was the matter. I think some people are just clueless about these sorts of things, and aren't meaning to be intentionally hurtful or rejecting. I hope that is the case with your friend! :)