Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Experience with ADD

I swear one of my kids has ADD and it's the worst thing I've ever experienced with kids. And I've been around kids since I was 13. It's awful and I have no idea how to help him or how to help myself or anything and it's driving me insane! I mean this kid makes me infuriated at the drop of a hat and I hate that it's happening...oh I dunno I guess I'm just venting. Ugh first year teaching = HARD!
Today was my first day teaching the fifth grade teacher (Bertha) sign language. She wanted to learn so badly so I'm tutoring her for 30 minutes every Tuesday. She's so kind she's even paying me a bit too! It's great to talk to someone and to teach someone about ASL and the Deaf community. Although it's been so long I'm not sure I know what I'm talking about any more. I think I need to buy more books and go back to school! haha Maybe that's just an exuse for me to buy more books? Speaking of which I need to go onto DawnSign Press's website and look for more books. Off I go.

No comments: